NORSAN Algae Oil
Vegetable omega-3s – 100% vegan
Microalgea Schizochytrium sp.
The algea oil is extracted from the microalgea Schizochytrium sp., which has a high content of the omega-3 fatty acids DHA and EPA. Most algea oils (so far developed) offers only the DHA. However, our body needs both DHA and EPA, so with Schizochytrium sp. we had the right raw material for the NORSAN Omega-3 Vegan oil and capsules.
Algea oil is the sustainable answer for a sufficient high intake of omega-3 fatty acids.
The marine habitats have a natural limit to how much fish can be caught without endagering the fish stocks and marine environment. On the other hand, there is a high need for omega-3 fatty acids, as 9 out of 10 has a significant omega-3 deficit.
The solution lies with algea oil, as it is grown in artificial seawater and it is therefore no real limits for how much can be grown. Since these microalgae also are the food basis for fish and krill, consuming algea oil is leaping one step (or two) and going directly to the source.
Plant-based algae oil – 100% vegan
NORSAN algea oil is a 100% vegetable oil and therefore suitable for a vegan diet. The algae oil is produced in separate facilities that those for fish oil. With a high content of both the marine omega-3s DHA and EPA, the NORSAN algea oil offers a real vegan alternative to consuming fish or fish oils.
The alga is cultivated in artificial seawater and then fermented in an aqueous environment. The crude oil is extracted with the aid of a centrifuge. The process is particularly gentle on the fatty acids. NORSAN Algae Oil is produced in an oxygen-free processing environment, so our oil is optimally protected from oxidation.The cultivation of the algae also makes the algae oil very low in pollutants. We used a modern plant that filters the oil in a unique way.
LOW TOTOX VALUE
The algea oil has very low oxidation values. Oxidation causes unpleasant odor and negatively affects the taste. The oxidation value (TOTOX value) can be seen as a “freshness” value; the lower value, the fresher the oil. For the algea oil, the TOTOX values ranges between 3 and 5, which indicates a very high freshness.
NORSAN vegan products
Vegetable omega-3s – 100% vegan
Omega-3 Vegan Oil€27,00 (27,00 €/100 ml) 100 % vegan and without fish!
- Vegatable algae oil: rich in EPA and DHA
- 2,000 mg of omega-3 per daily dose (1 teaspoon)
- Non-polluting and environment-friendly culture
- 800 IU vitamin D3 (vegan)
- Virgine organic olive oil as an antioxidant
- Pleasant lemon flavour(vegan)
Omega-3 Vegan Capsules€27,00(30,76 €/100 g)100% vegan and free of fish!
- With vegan seaweed oil
- 1.700 mg of omega-3 (EPA & DHA) per daily dose
- Environmentally friendly and non-polluting cultivated
- Now 80 instead of 60 capsules (25% more oil at 13% higher price)
- Rosemary extract as an antioxidant
- New capsule shell made from tapioca starch (without carrageenan)
- No reflux
- Perfect when travelling
Omega-3 Vegan Oil + Capsules(27,00 €/100 ml) 100 % vegan and without fish!
- Combination package of Omega-3 Vegan oil (100ml) and Omega-3 Vegan Capsules (80cps)
- 10% price advantage
- Ideal if trying both product options